Sunday, December 8, 2013

Christmas Tree Hunting

This morning we went to a Christmas Tree farm in Westtown with Neel and Suzi to find the most perfect 1st Christmas Tree ever with Trey.  Although it was insanely freezing, we had a lovely time.

I tried bundling up Cory and Trey the best that I could … 



  Neel, Suzi and Bear planning their strategy … 



Our tree!!!  Way above our heads … there was about 5 plus foot of trunk that had to be cut off.  Basically, our tree was on a pedestal … 


Happy little tree hunter / cutter … 


If this moment had a soundtrack, clearly Timber by Pit Bull feat. Kesha would be playing right now … "it's going down, I'm yellllinnggggg timmmmbbbberrrrr" … 


Neel, Suzi, Bear and their tree … 


Neel getting his cut on …


And off we go …. 


We over-estimated our ceiling height so Cory had to do some more trimming when we got home.  Followed by even more trimming once my type A personality set in and I couldn't stand the bottom branches … 



All ready to cut this baby lose … 


Trey admiring himself in one of the Christmas ornaments.  I am so artsy … 


First time trimming a tree with my boo.  Loved it!  Until he was over it and just weirdly grunted until I let him out of the bjorn … 


For about 5 minutes Buckley growled at the ornaments … thank god that was short lived … 


Such a great day with this little man ...


And he's done … 


Our beautiful tree <3 … it looks better in real life … I promise !! 




1 comment:

  1. Finally reading your blog and have been chuckling through it all. Which, of course, I would because you're a witty writer and I can't help but giggle. I'm sure Cory appreciates all your humor, too. Love your pictures and can't wait to get our Christmas on! Love you!

    ReplyDelete